Chindogg sent over a summary of today’s Ultimate MvC3 panel at the San Diego Comic Con.
Summary by Chindogg
- 12 new characters. They acknowledged the leak but kindly asked to not ask about leaked roster specifics at this time.
- Many DLC costumes revealed, including:
- X-factor tweaking: done in air and other tweaks they said they’re working on
- All original MvC3 characters being rebalanced with new moves/properties to better flesh out the roster
- More robust single player experience, including more endings
- More artistic approach to look more like a comic book
- SPECTATOR MODE
- Firebrand, Strider, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye character videos
- A sneak peak at the unfinished opening video. They use the page turning Marvel animation before Marvel films then Capcom uses their own version of the page turning animation, showing scenes from the vs series featuring Capcom characters
- Interesting/awkward QA moment: An african-american fan asked why there are not more black or female characters in UMvC3. Very awkward pause from the panel, finally stating that it is something that they’re considering and may address in the future. They further state that the game is still in development and things may be added in the future (no confirms on DLC other than costumes).
Head over to 1up.com for some photos of some of these new outfits and colors. [thanks, alex_mmorales]
Video of special cinematic, thanks to kzarecka.
Summary of SDCC Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Panel